commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Peter Cooper
Forum Index » Profile for Peter Cooper » Messages posted by Peter Cooper
Can anyone tell me what the pass rate was on the Commando course ?
I have a copy of 'Greece & Crete 1941' by Christopher Buckley. No mention of any Spanish Commandos but a very good account of the battle.
Rescorle, an unusual name. Anybody know where that came from ?
Difficult to make out any shoulder patches but they look like Commandos to me.
Well, I don't know about anybody else but I found that post by Nic extremely interesting. Quite a few things I didn't know.
Already gone, sorry.
Are these the same three men but photographed from behind ?
I think you may have problems tracing his movements after this. He could have moved anywhere in the UK or even overseas. Good luck in your search.
On February 1oth 1947, Kottka (Jones) of 6 Melrose Avenue London, became a naturalised British citizen.
How about these two ?
Many references to Howarth (Nathan) in 'Striking Back' by Peter Masters as mentioned earlier in this post.
Is this any help ??
I can't find anything on MLC at all, only LCM (Landing craft mechanised). Is this the same ?
Are you certain that 654 was actually a flotilla ? Could it be the number of a landing craft or a motor launch or similar ?
Any offers for these items ? If not, they will go on ebay or something similar.
I would rather they remain within the Commando family if possible.
Please pm me if interested.

Forum Index » Profile for Peter Cooper » Messages posted by Peter Cooper
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger