commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dianefrancis
Forum Index » Profile for dianefrancis » Messages posted by dianefrancis
Thanks to you both for your replies - think I've replied seperately to you both (but just thought I'd try this 'quick reply' option to - as I try to get the hang of how things are set up on this site, etc).
Hello all. I'm new to this and hopefully not making too many mistakes. I'd dearly love to find out about my dearly loved grand papa James Acock [Jim] - who served in the RMC's during WW2. At this early stage I know relatively little, other than he served in approx 9 Countries. He trained in Scotland (apparently very tough training - as you'll all know). He was from Liverpool and survived the war (though he had injuries which affected the remainder of his life). He was involved in the liberation of Belgium (resulting in a family from Belgium keeping in touch with his family for years and years). Any pointers from any person who might be able to help would be much appreciated.

Diane

Forum Index » Profile for dianefrancis » Messages posted by dianefrancis
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger