commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Kate Albert
Forum Index » Profile for Kate Albert » Messages posted by Kate Albert
Hi Nick
Thank you so much for putting my photos on the forum. I've just found another photo of Peter which makes me even more convinced that it's him. As I don't have any photos of him in full uniform, I don't know whether he had any other badges, but I'm very pleased to have the information. I look forward to hearing from you when you have deciphered his service record.
Many thanks
Kate
Hi Nick
thank you for replying to my message. I am aware of the link you sent me because I gave them the information.
With regard to Highworth, my father was posted there after Lochailort and was appointed Scout Section Officer (can't read the next 2 abreviations) Aux Units, Highworth, 25.8 41 until 5.2.42 when he was posted to India.
I notice that he was appointed Scout Section Officer H Qtr Aux Unit 2.3.41 and the Authority says Security. His dates for Lochailort 18.10 41 seem to be in the middle of his time at Highworth.
Does any of this make sense to you.
Finally, do you know whether the Chindits Association or the National Archives have records of who served with them apart from those who lost their Lives. The only photograph I have of him is in his Wiltshire uniform whilst in either India or Burma. His cap badge shows the Regiment. He is stick thin so I suspect he is ill and waiting to be transported.
Many thanks
Kate

Forum Index » Profile for Kate Albert » Messages posted by Kate Albert
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger