commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Kevin
Forum Index » Profile for Kevin » Messages posted by Kevin
This was the last letter recieved.

Hope this helps
Kevin
This photo is the only one I have. The Major was Bob English from Axminster (he was the CO at the time) the others are nameless to me. It was taken at the Bush Warfare Training School during the 204 Mission to China but was a clandestine training camp. His intentions I believe was to wright a book about this period of his service, but unfortunately I lost contact with him in the late 80s and never found out if he eventually put pen to paper?
Hope this helps you to identify the other officers.
Kevin

'Primus Inter Pares'
Hi Marc

Take good care of you 1st pattern F/S and sheath as these fetch well over £1,200

Lucky you.

All the best and welcome
Kevin
From his service number it suggests that his parent unit was The Highland Infantry

Kevin
Having problems downloading image? I get this error message??

An error has occurred.

For detailed error information, please see the HTML source code, and contact the forum Administrator.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Having problems downloading image? I get this error message??

An error has occurred.

For detailed error information, please see the HTML source code, and contact the forum Administrator.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Having problems downloading image?
Found this at the Birmingham International Arms Fair today.

Any info on the original owner?
Very Good Second patt? F/S Knife. Blued 6.1/2″ DE Blade. Good quality blue with name of owner etched in scroll with service number; ?L/CPL COULTER. H.A./L 13299″ Oval cross guard. Darkened solid brass handle ? knurled. Good leather scabbard marked ?ENGLAND?, elastic AF. Brass chape. £1125.00

Kevin
Rest in Peace.

Kevin
Many thanks for the positive comments, Andy you'll have to upload your finished project of the Commando panorama.
I've also recently obtained some old photos of my father in uniform from 1926 onwards taken in India and Sudan, he also has a " Good Buddy" but I suppose I'll never find out who he was. Although not strictly commando I might upload some time, at the age of early to mid twenties he looks quite the dude in his RWF uniform.

All the best
Kevin
Finished and framed

Kevin
Robert, welcome to the forum.

Best of luck in your research.

Kevin

PS I'm also interested in the de-Walden trench knife and I believe that Wilkinson made a copy for the WRU.
This is a cross stich I finished last week, will have It stretched and framed next weekend.

Kevin
Must agree with Andy, having seen an original at the same time, the quality is brilliant and individuals clearly identifiable.

Kevin
Mark, if you want a copy of the diary, let me have your address and I'll send you a copy.

Nick, I've downloaded the thesis will have a look later on, thanks.
Kevin

Forum Index » Profile for Kevin » Messages posted by Kevin
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger