commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Peter Cooper
Forum Index » Profile for Peter Cooper » Messages posted by Peter Cooper
Is this any help ??
I can't find anything on MLC at all, only LCM (Landing craft mechanised). Is this the same ?
Are you certain that 654 was actually a flotilla ? Could it be the number of a landing craft or a motor launch or similar ?
Any offers for these items ? If not, they will go on ebay or something similar.
I would rather they remain within the Commando family if possible.
Please pm me if interested.
I imagine they were sold via the old Commando Association as part of their fund raising. They are no use to me, so if someone is willing to make an offer, I am happy to sell them.
Just came across these cuff links. Can't remember ever seeing them anywhere before.
Very interesting reading, thanks Pete.
Did the Royal Naval Beach Commandos undergo the full Commando training course ?
Why 'carpet slippers' ?
Yes, the US forces were in the south and the mountains and the British and Canadians were further north. I defer to your greater knowledge of European topography.
The scenery in the bottom picture looks very 'alpine' to me.
Bill, posted this morning.
OK. I won't post them until I hear that they are definitely wanted.
OK....will do.
I also have some of my dad's memorabilia which I need to sell so watch this space. Most important that they go to somebody in the Commando family.
I am having a major clear out. If nobody wants them, they will go in the bin.

Forum Index » Profile for Peter Cooper » Messages posted by Peter Cooper
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger