commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dan
Forum Index » Profile for dan » Messages posted by dan
Download issue is fixed now.
test google
:D Testing google
"comma,comma"
This has now been added. Sorry for the delay.

Dan
Did you know that you can send private messages to any member of the CVA forum?

Simply click the icon next to the name of the member you want to contact. Then send them your message. This message will only be visible by you and the recipient.

Private messages that have been sent to you will appear in your private messages inbox. This is available from the menu above after you have logged in.
Dear Sir

May I introduce me and my friends. I am the president of an association called "SHINGLE OPERATION 1944" envolved in historical researches about the Anzio Landing and the following Battles.

We cooperate with the local Mayors and British Embassy in Rome (col Hogin) to organize the anniversarie' ceremonies and to commemorate the Allies (british mainly) in the Anzio Beachhead on 1944. We are one of the founders of the Anzio Beachhead Museum and the consultants in many local War Museums (see: www.pianadelleorme.it) .

We are writing to you just to let you know that this year (63rd anniversary) we have been proud to dedicate a reenactors group (about 9 people) to the 9 - 40 RM - and 43 RM COMMANDO (we were about 105 re-enactors with 50 vehicles in the last ceremony in Anzio).

Perhaps you could be interested to receive some pictures or information regarding the last Anzio anniversary and that's why I enclose some. I have also a copy of your interesting Magazine and maybe you could be interested also in publishing an article about our ceremony dedicated to the WW2 COMMANDO Veterans.

If so, please contact us and we will be deeply proud and happy to give you all the details you will like to know.

We will never forget all the WW2 British Soldiers that fought and died in our land for our freedom.

All our love and thanks to them

"At the going down of the sun... we do remebre Them"

Sincerely Yours

arch. Diego Cancelli

--------

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full size image

Can you help identify the members of A troop 4 CDO?

Mr Stephane St Martin contacted the the CVA and Provided this photograph and the following question. If you can help please contact the CVA or reply to this forum post.

-----

I was in Scotland last November for the ceremonies. I'm on the photo with veterans taken at the reunion in Fort William. I live in Normandy, and i'm in touch with veterans since the age of 13 years old, ( now 41) .

I have several photos given by vets. and families. I'm working to write a book about individual story. But time is short.

I enclose this photo about A Troop 4 cdo. I have few names.

Would like to ask ( Jimmy DUNNING don't know why) , how is it possible than some 4 cdo KIA are not on the 4 cdo ROLL OF HONOUR. ex : SUTTON kia 19 08 42, SMALLMAN kia 06 06 44, TRAVERS august 44

Hope to hear you soon

PS) I think you know than LEWINGTON A troop 4 cdo , is the man in front of the monument in Spean Bridge.

stéph.

Forum Index » Profile for dan » Messages posted by dan
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger