commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Mark Richards
Forum Index » Profile for Mark Richards » Messages posted by Mark Richards
Thanks Nick, the information is great. I will have a whirl at the commando service certificate and my grandads Dieppe certificate is on its way once I make a £5 donation to the Commando Benovolent fund, fantastic!!!
Hi All,

Just wondered about the service certificates/scroll, when were these issued? Did you have to apply or where they automatically given? I ask as i have not seen my grandfathers certificate.

Also I read with interest that a certificate was issued by the French Government to Army Commandos who were involved in the Dieppe Raid, how do I apply for one?
Thanks Stephane. The man at the back furthest to the left is definately my grandfather Pte T Richards, Rudd should read Richards.
Picture attached here
I wonder if anybody can put any names to the faces on this photograph? My grandfather Thomas Richards is at the very back furthest left, I would very much like to put names to the rest of the troop. Are any of them still alive? I would love to know if anyone remembered my grandfather, he was badly wounded during the Dieppe Raid. He had a very strong geordie accent and a wicked sense of humour so i am sure somebody will remember him.Any information would be much appreciated.
I wish to join the CVA as an associate (as my grandfather was an army commando), it appears that I need a sponsor, is this correct? and if so will a full member sponsor me?
Is there a list of commandos who took part in this raid as there is for the Dieppe raid?
Bill Harvey wrote:Hello

In the July 1990 list compiled of those in No4 who served at Dieppe your grandfather is listed as serving. 4469318 Pte. Richards T. Durham L. I. There is no record of who was wounded.
If you would like me to email you a copy of this email me direct. (You will find my email on the site.)

Best wishes.

Bill Harvey Son of Bill Harvey No4

Thanks Bill, I have emailed you.
Are the rolls viewable yet? if so where?
Hello all,

I am searching for information about my Grandad Thomas Richards, who I believe to have served in 4 commando, he was as I understand it, part of the dieppe Raid where he was wounded. I am sure he was brought back from Dieppe on a stretcher and didnt return to the commandos I think he was sent back to the DLI. Any information would be greatly apprecited particularly confirmation that he took part in the Dieppe Raid.

Forum Index » Profile for Mark Richards » Messages posted by Mark Richards
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger