commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: SPB
Forum Index » Profile for SPB » Messages posted by SPB
Ladies & Gents,

Just to close the loop on this one, I now have the WW2 prayer.

Almighty God, whose command is overall and whose love never fails;
let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them;
let me not beg for the stilling of pain but for the heart to conquer it;
let me not avoid my share of responsibilities but embrace them with a strong heart and cheerful mind;
let me not always seek my own ends but be mindful of the needs of others;
let me not fail them who have placed their trust in me but let my green beret remind me daily of the highest traditions of commando service;
and if I fail, give me the courage and faith to try again.
Guide me with the light of your truth and keep before me the example of Jesus Christ in whose name I pray.
Amen.

Thanks to all for their help.

Si
Thanks for all the replies and help. Our service went well. Eleven Royal Marines were able to fly to the crash site in Kuwait where we spent 30 minutes on the ground paying our respects. The RAF even managed to get us there in time for 1100hrs local!

All round, it was time well spent and a successful remembrance service. The cairn built at the crash site by Royal is still intact, although the brass plaque surmounting it has been stolen.

Thanks again for your help,

Best Regards,

SPB
Jackie, Nick,

Thanks very much for your help. Neither are quite what I'm after but lacking anything else both will serve well. I knew it was a tall order at such short notice, it was always a long shot.

I'll be leaving for the service shortly so time's up I'm afraid. Never-the-less, your time and care is appreciated.

Rgds,

SPB
Ladies & Gents,

I've just (literally) been tasked to put together a simple service to commemorate the 14 Commandoes lost in the heli crash on Telic 1 in '03. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the Commando collect/prayer?

It would be very much more appropriate than the RM prayer since those on board were from all 3 services.

Yours Aye,

SPB

Forum Index » Profile for SPB » Messages posted by SPB
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger