commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: michael j
Forum Index » Profile for michael j » Messages posted by michael j
good evening to everyone.
i am seeking information on the lofoten raid, by n0 4 cdo, my reason being is i beleive a relative was on this raid, but i am unsure, i know for fact he was on the dieppe raid and kia at d day on july 1944, with f troop.
HIS NAME IS 3189059 PTE JOHN NOTMAN KOSB.
His old unit told me he was embodied on the 3 sept 1939.
as he was on the dieppe raid i wondered if he was on this raid also.
any information will assist me greatly .
thanks to all. michael j.
hello bob&janet,
regarding j notman i have a picture of him his medals and other bits of info from other forum members, also he is in swiftly they struck, by mc dougall m c.
many thanks for the info good luck.
michael j
sir,
i am new to the site, how would i see this list, my man pte john notman kosb.kia 02-07-44 is he on the list.
also could you help me would you know if a list of the men who went through the commando trainging centre at aracncarry, is available.and how do i get a copy looking for notman pte.
i know he was on the dieppe raid and of course he was kia as stated.
kindest regards michael j
hello,
do you still have the book? why dont you contact the BRISTOL ROYAL INFIRMARY, he may still be working there.
what is the nature of your enquiry, are you looking for someone like a relative.
regards mike
hi,
sorry cant help you on the picture but if you buy the following boobs they do mention some men in the no 4 cdo.
SWIFTLY THEY STRUCK, THE FIGHTING FOURTH..
i have these books as i am researching a chap named john notman kosb.
who are you looking for.
i shall try and help.
regards mike
hi,
may i suggest that if you are family you contact the army records office and ask for his service record this will help you , also write to the medal office at gloucester and ask for his medal records , this will tell you his medal entitlement from this you can deturmine which theatre of war he served in.
hope this helped you good luck.
regards mike

ps i must stress if your not family you wont have a chance of any information at all, as its still under the officail secrets act,.
hi,
if you send me your name and address i can photo copy the two pages of the book concerning 9 commando and post themm to you, save you buying the book, my e mail address is [email protected].
regards michael j
hi,
i have looked in my book collection and not found any mention about 9 commando and the attachment to rn, but what i have got is a book called commandos and rangers of ww2 by james ladd.
it gives a brief history of when the unit was formed and actions in the uk and rome.also mentions some officers.
sorry its not what you wonted but i shall keep trying.
best michael j

Forum Index » Profile for michael j » Messages posted by michael j
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger