commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: russmc2000
Forum Index » Profile for russmc2000 » Messages posted by russmc2000
I have a photo of my fathers, taken in October of 1944. It is of the Royal Naval Beach Signal Section 9. Most of the men signed the reverse side of the photograph. Signed are: J. McGann, Douglas Willie, Morris Rowell, David MacKenzie, R. Eric Dove, D. Draffen, J. Holland, Sandy Jackson, James Whyte, Bill Quinn, Hank Raynor, R. K. Smith, H. M. Wolton, John Robert Carr, George German, A. Adkins, John J. Gascoiguea Mr. Richmond, a Mr. Swailes, W. Burke, K. John Thom, a Mr. Treson, a Mr. Woodcock, Tiny Pitts, a Mr. Barker, W. Gillings, James Ashton, H. Gibson, Jack Ainsworth, Donald E. Akroyd, G. Johnson, and of course, George H. Cruickshanks.
I have a photo of my father's, taken in Algiers in 1943. Present are: Morris Rowell, R.S. Brown, a Mr. Smyth, Hank Raynor, Jim Ashton, Eric Dove and George H. Cruickshanks. Please reply if you know of my father or about the other Commandos in the photo.
I would like to learn of my father's WWII whereabouts and activities. He was a signalman in the Royal Navy, working in the beach signal sections. He was in combined Operations, working with the Army in North Africa and into Italy. He landed at Gold Beach on D-day. He has recently passed on and I would like to know much more specific information. I believe he may be associated with the Royanl Naval Beach Signal Section 9. Anyone who may be acquainted with the name and/or the beach signal sections, please contact me. Thanks you. Russell Cruickshanks.

Forum Index » Profile for russmc2000 » Messages posted by russmc2000
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger