commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: William Stevenson
Forum Index » Profile for William Stevenson » Messages posted by William Stevenson
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Cheers
Bill
Nick
the type of mistake I have come across is for example, mention of him being posted to the 12 Battalion South Staffordshire Regiment. That should read 2nd Battalion of that regiment. I have recently asked for another copy of my fathers service record which I am now informed should be more complete than the abbreviated version I am in possession of. I will contact you again when I have that new information in hand.
Thanks
Bill
Greetings
My father, enlisted in the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders in 1934.
He was Posted to 2 Battalion South Staffordshire Regiment on 22.4.40.
He was Posted to 3rd Commando on 07.07.40 where he remained until 12.01.41 when he was posted to Infantry Training Centre. During this period I think he was a Lance Corporal.
His military record shows a few mistakes and later on records him being posted to 1st Parachute Brigade which is quite confusing.
Can anyone suggest where I can start trying to establish if it was in fact 3 Commando and any other avenues of research.
My father died in Korea in 1955 while serving with the Colours and I never had the chance to ask him myself.
Cheers
Bill Stevenson

Forum Index » Profile for William Stevenson » Messages posted by William Stevenson
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger