commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: martin dunn
Forum Index » Profile for martin dunn » Messages posted by martin dunn
Thankyou Nick and Pete.
Regards,
Martin.
Hi everyone, does anyone have the obituary for my uncle, H Johnson 777595 from the newsletter 88? I would love a photo or copy please.
Regards,
Martin Dunn.
Thankyou Guy for this information.
Regards,
Martin.
Hi all, I am trying to identify which unit my uncle was with on D-Day. He was Sgt in 3 Commando 4 Troop until wounded at Malati Bridge, Sicily in Aug 1943. Then we found a picture of him in Daily Mail, with the first homing pigeon to make it home after D-Day. Can anyone identify the unit please? He is 3rd from left, in camouflage helmet.
Thankyou,
Martin.
Thankyou Nick.
Yes thanks Graham, that is my uncle.
Martin.
Hi, his serial number is 777595, and died roughly 1987. Thanks, Martin.
Thankyou very much for finding that.
Martin.
Hi he is 3rd row from the back, 2nd from rhs of photo. I am trying to get his service number, and know he was originally in Royal Artillery and rescued from Dunkirk. Was in the first set of recruits for Commandos.
Martin.
Hi, no relation to Derek Johnson, my uncle was from Co Durham.
Martin.
Hi, I am looking for info on my Uncle, Sergeant Harry Johnson, who was in 3 Commando 4 Troop. There is a photo of him on the site, titled Sergeants Mess 3 Commando.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou,
Martin Dunn.
Hi, I am working on tracing my uncle's history in 3 Commando 4 Troop, Sergeant Harry Johnson, and would like to know if any surviving members are contactable.
Regards,
Martin Dunn.
Hi again. I have found a kit bag of his, no. 777595, and found out a bit more about his hsitory. He was born in 1909, and joined the army under age at 15, served in Afghanistan 1929-32. Was in Dunkirk, joined Commandos as one of the first in, shot in arm in Laphoten Islands. The info about being in Africa with Montgomery was second hand, so it may have just been he met Monty, not sure. Definitely at Arnhem and Italy. Don't think he had a middle name. Thanks, Martin.
Hi everyone. Just trying to find out some more information about my uncle, who started in Royal Artillery the joined 4 Commando. I know he was in Africa, Italy and Arnhem. Thanks, Martin.

Forum Index » Profile for martin dunn » Messages posted by martin dunn
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger