commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: GrahamCooper
Forum Index » Profile for GrahamCooper » Messages posted by GrahamCooper
Can anyone give any information on Stalag 101.

I cannot find any references regarding location and/or purpose.

Commando Pte.D.ALTASS,KOYLI ,6 Cdo was the only commando to be imprisoned there,after being captured at Steamroller Farm.

Graham
Hi

In Corran Purdon's book "List the Bugle",he gives a history of his life.

He joined 12 Cdo,when it was commanded by Lt.Col "Peachy" Harrison,and the 2i/c was Caryll Cooper Key,of the Royal Inniskilling Fusilier.

Has anyone any information on Cooper Key,or known who was the 2i/c.

Thanks
Hello Linda,
Welcome to the Commando Veterans,heres hoping we can help .

From a Commando newsletter published in Sept 1982 is the following information, Obituary reported deaths , hoping this is who you are seeking -

"Mne.Ronald R. WILSON. (40 RM Cdo) of Broughty Ferry,Angus, Scotland."

Regrettably this is all the info I have,hope it helps

Graham
Martin,

Welcome.

I see that the CWGC,show Albert John Parr was a member of 41 RM Cdo,and laid to rest at UDEN War Cemetery.

A Register of Royal Marines War Deaths 1939-1945, shows PARR,Albert John, LIEUT ,28 Battalion,died 22.3.45, Holland.

Several reference show that the 28 Bn RM,were in Holland at the time.

Graham
Hello,

Within the website is an article by Alfred Frederick Edward SAWYER OF 2 Commando and the Hampshire Regt.

He did his training at Achnacarry and then when on to COLINTON,near Edinburgh for more training.

Does anyone know what training was carried out at Colinton

Many thanks

Graham

Please can anyone help,

The above named is shown as having died April 3.1945 and buried at MOASCAR War Cemetery,Egypt.

He is also shown as attached to 5 Cdo,5 Cdo at that time were stationed in the Far East.

Does anyone know how or why he was buried in Egypt.

Thanks in advance,

Graham
hi,

I believe his service/serial number was PO/X 1631.

Graham
Hi,

In lost legion No 8 ,Pte Marnock A. of 5 Cdo is shown as living in Falmouth,Cornwall.

Graham
Nick,

As always many thanks for your reply,

Another good book is Fred Hayhurst and "The Green Berets in Korea".

I have trawled both books and found the names I have,at present I am trying to find those that were injured and sent to American hospitals for recovery.Even 5 - 6 years after the war there is nothing simple in find info on the commando.

Thanks

Graham

Can anyone help.

My name is Graham Cooper,an Associate member.

I am looking for names and service details of those Royal Marines who served with 41 Ind.Cdo.R.M. from 1950 - 1952 during the Korean war.

It would appear that between 200 and 260 men were enlisted into 41 Ind Cdo,to date approx. 170 names have been found,so there is still a few to be found.

This nominal roll can/will be added to the R.M.commandos who are already noted by the CVA.

Thanks again.

Graham
Guy,

Do we know the result?.

Graham

The book "The King's own loyal Enemy Aliens" has the following ref :

Kotta,Vladimir.13802873,later JONES,13118611,said to have been a Russian,Cpl 219 Coy PC;later 3 / 10 Cdo,in Op

HARDTACK opposite Graveline,taken prisoner there,liberated at end of war.

Graham
Hello,

Welcome to the Association.

I note that his serial number 5347456 is in the range issue to the Royal Berkshire Regt.so i believe at some stage your uncle transferred to the R.E.M.E.

Your uncle I believe ,died during operation SCREWDRIVER.

Hope this helps

Regards

Graham
Amazon have a book entitled "Return of no 4754532" by RON L RICKWOOD

Its an autobiography and priced £4.25 plus postage.

The serial number is right,,the name is right,perhaps this is your man.

Graham
Hello Martin,

Welcome to our association.

The only information I have on Stanley Stevens,is as follows,yes he served in both 12 and 3 Cdo.

His serial number is in the range issued to the Royal Army Service Corp (R.A.S.C.)

His death was notified in the March 1991 ,Association newsletter,

It showed that he lived in BOW,London.

Not much, but it all helps,hopefully more information

Graham

Forum Index » Profile for GrahamCooper » Messages posted by GrahamCooper
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger