commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: doug_cobham
Forum Index » Profile for doug_cobham » Messages posted by doug_cobham
Hi Graham
I would love any thing on twelve Commando E troop you have .I was 10 years old when my dad died the only thing I have is a copy of a book your uncles written by Roger and Anne Gresham Cook one of the uncles was Philip Pinckney it cover his time with 12 Commando will scan page and send you copy .

Regards Doug [email protected]
Hi Nick I see my Farther WilliamJ Cobham is mising of 12 Commando E troop nomina roll

ALLthe Best Doug

Hi Nick
My farther was with 12 Commando from 8/12 /1940 to 22/12/1943 then posted to 5 Commando
Has any one pleas got photos of 12 Commando E troop pleas 1940 to 1943 .my farther William J Cobham was with 12 and 5 Commando
Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply to my photo.I would love to see the photo of your father in India. One of the Officers of his troop disapeared. In the war the only thing they found was his clothes on the beach. he left his estate to his Troop to set up buisness after the war I am afraid that I dont know his name. may be some one could shed some light on him and give us his name.

Regards from Doug
Sorry I don't no witch tr-up of 5 commando my father served with In Burma.
I am also unable to say what a holding commando was. I no very little about my farther time with the commandos during the war he died in 1952 when I was 10 years old.
Is there veteran of 12 Commando or 5 Commando how may remembers myFarther William COBHAM Royal Irish Fusiliers
posted No12 Commando unit 8/12/40
posted No5Commando unit 22/6/43
posted HOLDING OPERATINAL COMMANDO UNIT 25/3/45

Forum Index » Profile for doug_cobham » Messages posted by doug_cobham
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger