commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Wurzle
Forum Index » Profile for Wurzle » Messages posted by Wurzle
Hi
My Dad was 45 RM Commando E Troop and served with 1st Special Service brigade on D Day
when i applied for his records some 15 Years ago all i got back was 2 A4 sheets of paper. (attached)
Is this the norm.
Is it worth applying again to see if they missed anything. i know he was in hong kong but no record of this.

When i applied for my Grandads service records it was the complete opposite, i received a mountain of the stuff over 50 A5 pages

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Aww nice one thanks very much, thought no one was speaking to me.
Sorry to be cheeky but do you know what type of dog tags and what was on them that M67qd dad would have wore. I want to get a replica set to hang off the his framed display frame

Kindest regards

Steve
Sorry Ryan
Don't have any more info. As you can see his Army records don't show much

Regards
Steve

Hi
Can anyone shed any light on this please

According top my dads service record he was a POW at Milarg and Marlag Nord
and Escaped on 16th April 1945. my querie is wasn't that camp liberated before that?
only I cant find anything about an escape! and to be fair his service records don't give any info
a bit vague to say the least. so I'm wondering why it says 'Escaped. should it have read Liberated

My dad was in E Troop 45 RM Commando

any help would be appreciated
Some more of my dad
This is my Dad
PO/X121876 RM Commando
He volunteered aged 20 in 1943
He was part of 1st Special service brigade, he was captured June 7th 1944 and escaped April 1945
Very nice
Aw nice one, that's the very one.
THanks
Does any one know where I can purchase one of these?
HI all
My Dad Stanley Worsley was in 45 RM Commandos E Troop part of 1st special service brigade.he was a POW on 7th June 1944 and according to his records escaped on 16th April 1945
I am in the middle of mounting his medals in a frame and was wondering what other insignia he may have worn so I can display it. What type of Capbadge. Brass, bronze?.
Any info would be greatly welcomed
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum
best regards a proud son

Forum Index » Profile for Wurzle » Messages posted by Wurzle
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger