commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ASR142
Forum Index » Profile for ASR142 » Messages posted by ASR142
2nd pic
The 1st item in this thread is a training example of the assault jerkin this example is 1943 dated and made by H S some of these where issued to regts in field trials in the Sicily campaign in 1943 shortly after its introduction they had sorted out its transgressions and made a good dark brown / chocolate brown ones which saw plenty of service with the commandos during WWII .
This example has had a minor modification to it of a zip to the right side inner pocket and its an unnamed example .
Hi Chaps
In this thread I will show you some of the items in my collection that I purchased over the years each item will have a brief description of what it is and who owned it if known some of these item you only see in pictures from WWII .
Due to the way the photos are done please do not make comments until you see the word finish after the last picture this way they are kept in order cheers Steve
yes i did get it i hoping they might have some more bits next week !!
last picture thank goodness steve
last but not least steve
not many left
few more to go steve
yet more to come
in all about 7 pictures steve
this is going to be a while sorry steve
more pics working left to right
HI Chaps
I was out and about to day and found this rather long picture at a market its 31 inches in length or 2 1/6 ft its behind glass so not easy to take pictures of it but did get somewhere with it took a few over lapping ones as well Lieut. Colonel Charles Vaughan OBE is sat to the front center to name 1 of the many well known faces in this group pic on the front bench please fell free mods to add these to the training center albums regards steve
Hi Chaps
I will show this little jem as its mothers day and you all know how they worry that theya re getting left out !! Thanks to them all Steve
GrahamCooper wrote:Hi

Another option should be that the S is for Sean,which I believe also means John.

Graham

Hi Chaps
Graham is probably right he uses both initials on his paper work which the above post made me go and dig it all out again to take a look through it all attached is his discharge cert from 1946 I dont have much of his bits but some .
A big thanks to Pete and Nick for there work thanks for looking steve

Forum Index » Profile for ASR142 » Messages posted by ASR142
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger