commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Mark Smith
Forum Index » Profile for Mark Smith » Messages posted by Mark Smith
Thanks Pete,
Thats very helpful. I think he is wearing the good conduct badge in one of the photos of him.

Mark.
Just got the service record of my great uncle Harold Plank T.S.M. 47 R.M. Commando. It's very interesting to read but I have several queries.
1. what are the second and third names under the section headed Name of Division or ship?
2. What does No/S.C. '44 M.P.B.201N mean at the end of his record?
R.102
3. What were good conduct badges like?
4. What does P.P.T.V.G. stand for in the section about swimming?
5. Can anyone tell me what any of the stuff in the Dates of passing and revision of drills section means?
i would be most grateful if anyone could help me with any of this.

Thanks. Mark Smith.
Thanks ever so much stephen. That's great. I was told he was shot by a sniper but wondered whether it was true. now I know. I have applied for his service record too so maybe I'll learn more from that. Do you know whether the author is still alive?

Much abliged.
Mark.
My great uncle Harold Plank is mentioned in the index of the above history of 47 RM Commando. could anyone who has the book tell what is written about him as I don't think I've got much chance of getting hold of the book myself.

Thanks.
I have heard about this book which is a history of 47 RM Commando and saw on Amazon that my great uncle CSM Harold Plank is mentioned in the index. I just wondered whether anyone who has the book could tell me what it says about him.

Thanks.
Would love to hear from anyone who remembers my Great Uncle or has heard of him.

Mark Smith.
Thanks very much everybody . You have been most helpful.
Mark.
I just looked up my great uncle Harold Plank on the special forces roll of honour website and next to his rank it says TSM and in the extra info section it says KIA Walcheren.
Can anyone tell me what these abbreviations mean please?

Thanks.
Mark.
Thanks for that. Sounds intruiging. I don't have his service card but I will try and get it. I wonder, is there anyone else on the forum that might be able to tell me some more about the uniforms Harold is wearing?

Mark.
Attached are three photos (sorry about the poor quality) of my great uncle Harold Plank who was a company seargent major in A troop No 47 Royal Marine Commando. I am puzzled by the fact that he is wearing three different uniforms. Could anyone shed any light on why this is please.

Thanks.
I am in the process of researching my great uncle Harold Plank's Career in the second world war and I would love to hear from anyone who may have known him or of him.

Forum Index » Profile for Mark Smith » Messages posted by Mark Smith
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger