commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Martin S.
Forum Index » Profile for Martin S. » Messages posted by Martin S.
I just came through all the No.3 Cdo photos here on web.. but didn'd find him.
I have some tips, but the pictures are unclear or blur.

Like this one.
The man standing on LCI has the very similar cheek chape, but the picture is so unclear I can't identify him for sure.
Anyway, I didn't find him amongst the 4. 5. or 6. troop pictures.
So now for No.3 Cdo members.. if I'll find him, will post it here asap.
Thank you very much Eileen,
will try again today/tonight :)

BTW - Was the No.3 Cdo mixed with No.4 after the raid back in Newhaven?
I just checked all the troop pictures of No.4 Commando here on web.. it was a hard work. But I didn'd identified him..yet. Maybe he's from other unt? No.3? No.10? HQ?
Gosh it's a so much well known picture. Someone must know him.
I am looking for this commando's name from personal reason.
Evening gentlemen,

I have another request on ID.
A friend of mine has found in Czech Military archives a gentleman from Asch (a town in Czech-Germany border region called Sudetenland), which served in 51 ME Commando.
His name was Jan Kohn and he was German by nationality (strange, as "Jan" is a typical Czech name)
After joining the army he was assigned to Pioneer corps ( I suppose as an "enemy alien", like some No.3 Troopers from 10Cdo), and after joining the Commandos he has fought against Italians in Eritrea and has survived the war.

Anyone knows more about this man?
Thank you!

Martin
NIC: That chap in profile.

Eileen: Please, remember the books name! I'd be great to get this chap's name! :-D
Just found one here on forum.. and I am afraid he's not :(

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/4/newhaven/Lovat_Capt_Boucher-Myers_Dieppe.jpg.html
Do you please have any picture of him?
Thank you very much for your reply Pete but this man is not Len Ruskin for sure.
Anyway thanks for additional info.. the search still continues.
Hello friends.

I have almost impossible question to answer, but can someone identify this genteman standing nearby the US rangers?
He was probably a member of No.4 Commando.

Thanks!
Martin
Thank you Geoff!

I appreciate your answer.
I am sorry to say I already know both sources, you introduced above.
As you wrote, the book bringing the basic information about the 8 Czechs in X-Troop, is Ian Dears excellent seminal work "Ten Commando". All later studies (Including Osprays etc..) are inspired by this perfect book. However, there are no more informations about the CZECHOSLOVAKIA badge and so on.

It is a great loss, that most of the archive materials about Czechs in Cdo units was (as I.Dear wrote) destroyed in 1946.

But I am still searching and looking for living witnesses because hope dies last.

M.

Hello to all!

My name is Martin Sedivy and I'm working on a website about Czechoslovak Commandos and on the establishment of a No.3 (X) Troop of No.10 (IA) Commando Re-enactment Group, where the contingent of Czechs was included.
I'd like to hear from anyone with information of possible interest about the Czechoslovak contingent of No 10 (IA) Commando or any other Czechoslovak Commandos (They were also the part of No.62 Commando - Pvt.Lehniger/op.Aquatint and is said, that some Czechs were included in No.7(Yugoslavian) Troop of No.10 (IA) Commando too).
I'll be very grateful for any rememberance.
Sources of information in books and archives and information about the mysterious original badge CZECHOSLOVAKIA (above) would also be most welcome.
Thank you.

Bc. Martin Sedivy

p.s. Excuse please my poor English.

Forum Index » Profile for Martin S. » Messages posted by Martin S.
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger