commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Anthony Ellis
Forum Index » Profile for Anthony Ellis » Messages posted by Anthony Ellis
I can understand that about the delays Nick. They are far more important than this. I have a stepson who both his Mum and I are very proud. He is actively serving in 1 RHA and has already put us through the mill by touring Iraq and Afghanistan.

I was only in the RAF for a couple of years as an assistant air traffic controller. Left in 1990 when I moved up here to Grimsby.

Regards

Anthony
Nick,

I will try to contact some old old friends who I used to work with and see what I can find out. I've passed some of the information onto my brother and sister and my sister is especially grateful for your help.

The jigsaw is coming together very very slowly

And we will indeed remember them

Anthony
Thanks Nick,

A year's delay won't seem long considering we've not touched anything on this front for so long.

More form filling, just like being back in the RAF.....

Kind regards

Anthony
Nick,

Many thanks for this and glad to become a member of the CVA forum. I will pass this information onto my brother and sister. Shortly after posting my request I remembered working with a chap named Alf Moores who if memory serves me right also served with 5 commando. I'm not sure what happened to him but I worked with him at a container manufacturing plant in Reddish Stockport back in 1983. From memory he lived in a n area called Heaton Chapel north of Stockport.

I will try and locate a copy of The Green Beret for us all to keep and read up on events. We came across the telegram to my Gran and my grandfathers medals when we cleared my Mum's house out last year and that re-ignited the desire to find out more.

Once again many many thanks and I will be writing to the MOD in the morning

Kind regards

Anthony

Hello,

I am trying to find any information out concerning my Grandfather Sapper Frank Eaton, No 14217573 serving with the Royal Engineers and 5 commando when he was killed in action 27th March 1944. Last year the family lost our mother leaving myself, a brother and a sister and we made a promise between ourselves to try and find out as much information as we could. I aim planning to visit the Tauyykan War Cemetry where my grandfather lies in 2014, which would be 70 years since he died. When my grandmother was alive she did not talk too much about their life together except commenting on how much like him I looked, even when I walked into the house in my British Rail overalls which caused a major problem with her at the time.

Any help, guidance or assistance would be gratefully appreciatted.

Many thanks

Anthony

Forum Index » Profile for Anthony Ellis » Messages posted by Anthony Ellis
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger