commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JOHN W
Forum Index » Profile for JOHN W » Messages posted by JOHN W
Thanks Pete. Another piece of our history saved by you to this site for us and future members to remember and treasure.
God Bless Her and God save the King.

Hi Paul.
I have sent a PM to you.
John.
We have shared many happy times with you both. Our thoughts are with you Pam. RIP Charlie. John Jan Ben and Josh White.
Another true Gentleman to whom we are indebted to.
Rest in peace George.
John White.
Eric was a true Gentleman and will be sadly missed by all who met and knew him. We enjoyed his company at several Commando gatherings, and especially our CVA trip to Normandy a few years ago where he shared some pleasant memories of his time with his comrades in 2 Cdo.
Our condolences to Margaret and family.
RIP Eric.
Our thoughts and kindest regards.
John and Ben White and family.
A deeply sad loss of dear close friend of my family, many happy memories of Reg and his wife,Violet, at the Alex Hotel in Fort William for many years at the Remembrance weekend. Reg kept us all amused with the funny stories from the times spent with his comrades in the Commandos. He will be sorely missed by many and our condolences to both his boys Kenny and Jimmy and their families.
REST IN PEACE REG.
Our fondest regards.
John and Jan White and family.
Happy Birthday George from all of us.
John White Son of Jack White 6 Troop 2 Cdo
Hi Janet

Type in Dennis Leach on the Google Custom Search box at the top of the page, and scroll down.
Hope it helps.
Rgds.
John.
Very emotional.
Thanks Pete, and of course John.
John White
Well done Pete. Great work.

John.
Thanks Peter and Nick for the update.
Thought mine may have got lost in the mail.
John.
Has anybody received the latest edition yet ?
So sad that Harry has gone. He was a great man and will be missed by everyone that met him. Our sympathy and love goes out to Pam and all the Family.
Regards.
John Jan Ben and Josh White.

Just to add to my post, I meant to say it was the Rangers who got injured, though i guess some of our lads did.
John.
Well people, I remember my Dad telling me over 30 years ago on our annual trip to Fort William and the Estate, that after his parachute training etc and doing his weeks of training up there, that when they were informed that the U S Rangers were coming up to see how it was done, that the grave plaques were positioned at the entrance just past the gates to put the fear of God in them. How true I don't know, but he did tell me that several were killed or injured because they didn't, as told, KEEP their heads down on the night time landing assaults when live ammo was being thrown over them.
Who knows ?
John White.

Forum Index » Profile for JOHN W » Messages posted by JOHN W
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger