commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: johnh
Forum Index » Profile for johnh » Messages posted by johnh
can the forum confirm that there will be a service at the Cloisters at Westminster Abbey on Saturday the 9th November. I assume time of service at 14:30?

John Holland on behalf of Ted `Dutch` Holland No. 3 Commando
My Dad Ted (Dutch) Holland at the Westmister Abbey Cloisters Service 9th November.
Pictured (centre) with Fred Walker & Roy Cadman.
Taken by his Grandaughter Carly Holland
Recent pics of my dad taken on Sat 9th Nov. At the Bomber Command Memorial to remember his pal R.E. (Bob) Barnes lost in April 1944. Second picture at the garden of Remembrance at the Gordon Highlanders memorial (his brother in law Jim Pottle was in the regiment.
Met up withh my two children Carly & Alex plus grandson Ben, Grandaughter Etta & Carly`s partner Sam. All attended the Cloisters service
Our Dad, drawn by a local artist on the occasion of his 90th Birthday.

John, Dot & liz Holland
anyone see the article in the daily mail last week. Was a review of a book which seemed to imply that a large number of raids were a waste of lives. I have the article at hand & may be able to scan it & forward to the forum.
Both Roy & Freddie are interviewed on BBC1 `s Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance. Those who can acess BBC I Player on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01772k1/Royal_British_Legion_Festival_of_Remembrance_2011/. They feature about 54 mins into the program.
Any details of the service & timetable for this event
Did anyone see last nights `Hairy Bikers`regarding meals on wheels?

I saw a man i only know as `Jenks` I believe No. 2 commando, who lives in Molesey, Surrey.

Looked well, nice to see him.
Picture of my dad ay the national arboretum june 2010. in deep conversation with commando re enactor

***6/2/11 update from Pete R. This photo now posted in the gallery ***
http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/events/Alrewas/CVA+Summer+Service+2010/ted+dutch+holland+and+paul+macdonald.JPG.html

on 4th Feb there is a program, `Great British Railway Journey`s at 18:00.

According to tv guide relates how the railways helped train commandos at lochailort.

might be worth a look
re picture of 1999 CVA re union. My dad Ted (Dutch) Holland is in number 8 position back row
a photo of my dad Ted Holland & mate Arthur Griffin. Found at dad`s recently. He can`t remember much about the circumstances or where the photo came from. I don`t remember seeing it before, so must be a recent arrival.
I`ve attached a photo of my dad `dutch` holland. was taken a few years ago on a visit to Normandy.

The picture was taken at Merville battery. The museum attendant become very interested when she saw dads` blazer badge & insisted in taking his picture. Keeping the coach party waiting, again!
my dad, Ted Holland is asking about ozzie osbourn who we believe was billeted at the Royal Chelsea Hospital. We believe he may have passed on . Any news?

Forum Index » Profile for johnh » Messages posted by johnh
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger