commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Ted Land
Forum Index » Profile for Ted Land » Messages posted by Ted Land
sorry no good at all :(
there are three set of the claymores if anyone is interested! they are available from WD Militaria. please site down before you look at the price>

ted
Hello Vic

i would say that it is one of the later produced versions! could you please send the measurements? if i remember correctly they should be around 56mm

regards

Ted
Here is a Picture of Bint Hunt :)
Just received a nice portrait pic of a Commando wearing a beret with the Royal Signals cap badge. Combined operations and Commando title. On the back is written Bint Hunt Nov 1943 the photo was taken in 1943 Aug.

Any help with unit would be great. have looked in the Nominal section with no luck. thanks you in advance.
Many thanks indeed. I'm a collector of WW2 Commando insignia and photos, Andy Maines has kindly uploaded some of my collection.

once again many thanks

Ted
Here is another great collection belonging to Lt Col Keyes VC
http://www.falleneagle.com/viewspecial.php?id=91020
Many thanks, How young does Percival look!
Just noticed i've been bust! now a L/Cpl ha ha Just finished my 22 years and left as a WO2
Hi Guys looking for information on this Commando Percival Harold Collett. On the back of the pic it say 1943. what Commando and what Regt / Corps would also be great. Many thanks

Ted
Hi the badge with commando across the top is an association cap badge and i believe it came out in the 60s. one of the ways which is a good indicator thats it could be real is if its got a slider. If you bend it if it springs back into position its good, cheap copies stay in the position you bent it! hope this helps
Also another way is to pass Black light (ultra violet) over the back of any clothe badge/title, do this in a dark room. you can buy small hand held lights. Its pretty much like when you go in a night club and they have UV lights, everyone's Tshirts glows!The man made fibres glow which gives you an good indication that it has been recently made/copied.
Hope this helps
the picture is taken from Allied Special forces badges 1939-48 by Peter Taylor. The RRP is £19.95 but you can pick them up on ebay for £6 upto £20. its a great book.
Thanks Nic, yep that's the cap badge i've seen. Thanks for putting the photos on the site, fingers crossed we'll get some information on the badge. thanks Ted
Hi, on the subjetct of the No2 Commando cap badges. i've seen brass cap badges with SS on either side of the knife but this cap badge has the word Commando above the SS. Anyone got any information on this badge will be greatley appreciated.
Thanks
ted Land

Forum Index » Profile for Ted Land » Messages posted by Ted Land
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger