commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ctbrianholton
Forum Index » Profile for ctbrianholton » Messages posted by ctbrianholton
Thank you. All his seven brothers and sisters are dead now, so there is no-one I can ask about his story.

BH
My father, Cyril Stanley Holton, trained as a commando in Galashiels, and - I think - in the Highlands too, and served in North Africa, possibly as a sniper. He was invalided out in 1943, after an accident while training as a paratrooper in Egypt. He died in 1970.

He almost never talked about his war: can anyone shed any light on his experience?

Brian Holton
Cyril Holton was my father. He was Liverpool Irish, and trained as a commando in Galashiels, where he met my mother, Isobel Young. He was invalided out of the army after a spell as a sniper in the Libyan desert, when he injured his neck during paratroop training in, I think, Egypt. he convalesced in Tanganyika (as was), came home to marry my mother, then spent 15 years or so working in Nigeria. He died in 1970.

if anyone has more information about his army service, I would be very grateful. He rarely spoke about his war.

Brian Holton

Forum Index » Profile for ctbrianholton » Messages posted by ctbrianholton
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger