commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: George Pointon
Forum Index » Profile for George Pointon » Messages posted by George Pointon
Thanks Nick, the papers I meant were some insurance type papers regarding an examination of his wounds, judging by the date they were around about his demobilisation. I do have some photographs and will root them out and send them on. I will also take your advice and contact the relevant links you have kindly posted.
My dad would never talk about his army days, mum always told us he was a commando, in fact that was where she met him as she is scottish and lived near Glasgow. In his papers it states that he was overseas for a while from 12/12/1941 until 06/01/1942 Lofoten Island and previously enlisted 24/06/1940 the South Wales Boderers, finishing his army career in the RAOC and being demobbed 1946. Any help please, I have sent an e-mail to greenlids. Thank you

Forum Index » Profile for George Pointon » Messages posted by George Pointon
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger