commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ruthoneale
Forum Index » Profile for ruthoneale » Messages posted by ruthoneale
Thanks so much for your help
8th
7th
6th
5th section
third section
second section of service record
first section of my grandad's service record
Thanks Nick. My grandad did join Somerset LI in 1934. I hope to scan the records in the next couple of weeks. Do you know what he would have done as a military policeman for HOC? Many thanks Ruth
Images attached
I finally have a copy of my grandfather's service record but as I've just moved house I probably won't get around to scanning and uploading this for a couple of weeks. It looks like he was a "P.A" to Holding Operational Commando in 1944. I know this was in Wrexham which is where he met and married my Nanna but does anyone know what he would have done? I know he was a motorcycle "courier" when he met her...I will try and upload a couple of photos of excerpts of his records. Any help deciphering them is appreciated, many thanks Ruth
service certificate attached
photo uploaded of my grandad taken 7th Dec 1945 (the month he was discharged) and also one of him a few years earlier taken when he served in India.
sorry, I am about to fill in the service record request form and I have no idea if my grandad was a commando in the army or navy or airforce, I am assuming the army but what should I do if I am unsure? the MoD seem to want the additional form for the correct service. Many thanks Ruth
sorry- better photo attached this time
Ruth

Forum Index » Profile for ruthoneale » Messages posted by ruthoneale
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger