commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Messages posted by: hockhamlain
Forum Index » Profile for hockhamlain » Messages posted by hockhamlain
Gordon Lain. 5 Commando. 6 Troop. Heavy Weapons.
Its ten years today Pop still miss you, hope youre up there keeping an eye on young Jimmy or he's keeping an eye on you.
"Happy Days" and "Be Steady"
Remembering Bob Bartholomew, today thoughts are with Vera, Love from "The Clan" that smiles lives on with all of us. RIP
I would like to thank all our friends within the CVA especially those who attended Jimmies send off and those who made donations. I can now tell you all a staggering £1300 has been raised from donations at the Church, the Railway Tavern, and those handed directly to us. The two causes closest to Jimmies heart are The CVA and Help for Heroes, and a decision has been made to split the amount between the two. Both myself and the rest of the familly "Clan" are obviously immensley proud that through Jimmy we are able to make these fantastic donations to these worthy causes. He will not be forgotten.
Thankyou.
Dear Friends and Members,
It is with great sadness I anounce to you all the passing of my Son, Jimmy, Jimmy had often attended the gatherings at Fort William in remebrance of his grandfather whom he held in the highest esteem, this is such a tragedy for all of us especially his dear wife and children.
Thankyou
John
Without question the same can be said for me, I remember my oldest son Robby visiting the Memorial whilst he was on Holiday in the area, this was just after we had lost Dad and well before I had made the trip myself. He phoned me from there and with a distinct falter in his voice he said "Dad ive found Gramps memorial" and that sums it up it is the memorial for all of us, belonging to all of us, each having our own very special memories. From then on The CVA takes hold comradeship and long may it last.
Just a line to all travelling to FW, travel safely and take care will see you there, looking forward to breakfast
Regards
Ron and Bev
Congratulations to you both its great to see you on the site again
Ron and Bev,
Denise and Nick
Rob and sal
Jimmy and Zanny
Thinking of you Bob, and also you Pop, Miss you, the family raised a glass to you all at the weekend
Special thoughts to Vera, and my Mum
God Bless
The idea is to drill the existing paver, which I am more than happy to do should any one require it done, but maybe also as you suggest this is something which could be applied to new Pavers before they are laid
Hello All
I thought it might be useful to have a small hole in the top right hand corner of the Pavers at Alrewas to allow the placing of a poppy. I am just putting this idea forward to see what you may think I have run it past Geoff and he was in agreement. I would just like your thoughts.
Regards
Ron
Absolutely Fantastic Patch
So proud of you and your lads, humbles us ordinary mortals.
Bev and Ron,

Incidentally Bev actually stopped putting the nail varnish on to come and look at the computor what an honour
What a cracker Paul,
Congrats to both you and your good lady
See you soon, try and stay awake!
Truly sad news,
Rest in Peace my friend.
Ron and Bev
Legend. RIP
Rest in Peace "Pop"
Missing you today especially.
Gordon Lain.
5. Commando, 6 Troop. Heavy Weapons.
My Inspiration and a real good Dad. "Happy Days"

Forum Index » Profile for hockhamlain » Messages posted by hockhamlain
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger