commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No.1 Cdo. brothers George Robert (Bob) Shaw and Charles Herbert (Bill) Shaw  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Although there is an entry regarding these 2 men on the previous forum message regarding Arthur Banks I felt that this deserved a message of its own. I found the website of Pete Shaw which amongst other family historical details contains information about his father and uncle Bob and Bill Shaw both of whom were in No. 1 Commando. His father Bob later became an officer and joined No.4 Commando. I emailed Pete today and he has responded to me and posted a message as described above on the forum.
He has given permission for us to use the pictures and information on his site.I have posted the 2 pictures of Bob in the No.1 Cdo. Gallery at the moment although the one of him as an officer I will move into No.4 when I can. I will update the pics in due course. There is a superb transcribed tape of Bob talking about his life and Commando days

*** Can i take this opportunity for CVA members to read the Transcribed Tape It really is quite unique and extremely detailed. One veterans remarkable memories. ***

It can be found here on Peter Shaw's website :
see updated message below for new web links
[Thumb - Bob Shaw No 1 and No 4 Commando..jpg]
 Filename Bob Shaw No 1 and No 4 Commando..jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  340 time(s)

[Thumb - Bob Shaw No 1 and 4 Commando.jpg]
 Filename Bob Shaw No 1 and 4 Commando.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  330 time(s)

[Thumb - Sgts Bill and Bob Shaw No.1 Cdo. May 1943.jpg]
 Filename Sgts Bill and Bob Shaw No.1 Cdo. May 1943.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  336 time(s)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 05/04/2013 18:11:53

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Attached is the transcript of the interview with Bob Shaw regarding his time in No.1 Commando. The interview was in 1991 and transcript was made in 2001. Bob Shaw's son Pete gave permission for us to place this on our site. I missed it somehow until now.

Filename transcript of Bob shaw 1 cdo interview.doc [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  495 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 14/11/2009 18:42:23

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
bobsson
Forum Member

I have changed the web address for my father's wartime photos to http://www.peteshaw.co.uk/photo3.aspx

For the transcripted story of how he joined No 1 Commando, etc, it is http://www.peteshaw.co.uk/transcript.aspx

Pete Shaw

Father was George Robert (Bob) Shaw from Nos 1 & 4 Commando. Uncle was Charles Herbert (Bill) Shaw from No 1 Commando.
[WWW]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Pete, he must have been around at the same time as my father, I attach his service record.
Kevin
[Thumb - sr.jpg]
 Filename sr.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Service Resord
 Filesize 201 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  310 time(s)

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger