commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
4 commando b troop photograph on the gallery  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Mark Richards
Forum Member

I wonder if anybody can put any names to the faces on this photograph? My grandfather Thomas Richards is at the very back furthest left, I would very much like to put names to the rest of the troop. Are any of them still alive? I would love to know if anyone remembered my grandfather, he was badly wounded during the Dieppe Raid. He had a very strong geordie accent and a wicked sense of humour so i am sure somebody will remember him.Any information would be much appreciated.
Mark Richards
Forum Member

Picture attached here
[Thumb - 4Cdo_BTroop.jpg]
 Filename 4Cdo_BTroop.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description 4 Commando B troop
 Filesize 34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  459 time(s)

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Mark

Cannot help with names but I see your grandfather mentioned in the Dieppe list I hold. Pte T Richards original regt Duram Light Infantry.

Have you sent for his service records yet?

Bill Harvey Son of a No4

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

That should be Durham

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello MARK

I've all the names about B Troop on this photo.
Given to me by my late great friend JOE BURNETT.
sincerely

stéphane
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello MARK

I've just find that. But i've all the names on an other document.
So, I will send it to you when i'll find it.
sincerely

stéphane
[Thumb - N°4 cdo B troop.JPG]
 Filename N°4 cdo B troop.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 866 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  590 time(s)

Mark Richards
Forum Member

Thanks Stephane. The man at the back furthest to the left is definately my grandfather Pte T Richards, Rudd should read Richards.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

There is an enhanced quality copy of this photo in the gallery for No.4 Cdo on this link:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/4/4Cdo+BTroop.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1&&g2_fromNavId=x721ced03&g2_navId=x426e5373&g2_GALLERYSID=11540b5c370cb4e68e429f1a0c896ce4

Mark... I have placed yr grandfathers name on the original and will amend the other;
Stephane... I will place your copy with the names on next to the one already in the gallery. I believe that the Capt is Capt Carr MC rather than Karr. please correct me if I am wrong.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/06/2009 17:49:23

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Andrew Evans
Forum Member

Hello Mark

The two men sitting on the left of the front row are Owen Evans and John (Jack) Evans. My father and my uncle. Both have now died.

This picture was taken in Bexhill in May 1944, shortly before D-Day.

Andrew
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi there Andrew

Thanks for the information about your father and uncle. Can you just clarify that Owen is sitting extreme left as you view the photo and John is sitting next to him. Once you have done that I will update the gallery photo. Also if you have any other photos of them please do not hesitate to post them. If you have any problems doing this send me a private message and I will assist you

Regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 23/07/2009 18:44:50

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Andrew thanks for clarifying by pm ...the photo is now updated as can be seen here

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/4/N__4+cdo+B+troop.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Regards

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger