commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Gurkhas betrayed by Treacherous Ministers  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1172758/Treachery-The-government-unveils-new-residency-test-Gurkhas---NONE-pass.html

Thousands of young foreign immigrants, to whom Britain owes absolutely nothing, come to live in our "green and pleasant land" on a daily basis.
To me that isn't a problem.

Yet we (Britain) turn our backs on a handful of brave, loyal and faithful soldiers who were willing to fight to the bitter end and give up their lives, for Britain, in wars and conflicts that really would have had little or no impact on their own homeland.

In my opinion, these brave veterans of Her Majesty's Armed Forces have been betrayed by Government Ministers who, by blatently fiddling their expenses, are happy to de-fraud the Country that the Gurkhas were willing to lay down their lives for.

What a way to repay the debt of gratitude that we, as a nation, owe these people.

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Nic, I totally agree with you with the exception, that some of these thousands of young foreign immigrants, to whom Britain owes absolutely nothing, come to live in our "green and pleasant land" on a daily basis, with the intent of destroying our way of life?

Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

NIC,

Very eloquently put, I could use some more choice language to voice my dismay at this sad situation but I'll hold my thoughts to myself.

Regards
Jennifer Barlow
Forum Member

Very glad to read that strong feelings are still aroused by our Government's appalling treatment of these brave men.

You may remember that last November I asked that all who share my feelings join the Gurkha Justice Campaign. Many members at the CVA London Branch and those attending Remembrance Week at Fort William were only too pleased to add their names. There was a large gathering on 20th November in Parliament Square, attended by many gurkha veterans, including two VCs, ex-servicemen and a few MPs, before Joanna Lumley presented the petition to Gordon Brown.

In the light of the Government's decision of 25th April it is vital that the campaign continues to allow settlement in the UK for those brave men who have foought alongside our army over 200 years.

I would urge you to join Joanna Lumley's Gurkha Campaign at http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk which has links to full details of the Government's decision. You can also download a petition form and ask your family, friends and contacts to sign.

Many thanks.

Jennie

Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi

Just signed the online petition.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger