commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
B troop 45 Royal Marines Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Units
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Few years ago had this photo of B troop 45 Royal Marines Commando sent me by Stephane from his collection in France. It?s B troop 45 commando. My family identified there dad 7from right third row and this is at Hilsea barracks Portsmouth taken after formation in 1943. 8 from right next to my grandad I am sure is Corporal William Noakes MM and the row directly below is Corporal William Cormack, whose grandson Titch was a marine in 45 and later SBS, upon his retirement Titch opened a motorcycle workshop and coffee/ bar in Poole. He also presents the Speedshop in which the photo is highlighted in his grandads memorabilia and he builds a hard tail triumph in honour of his grandad and the lads in the photo who he la red on D day with. The Speedshop is on BBC I player and the bike and goes through the journey 45 took. Worth a look.

Regards Craig.
[Thumb - 9443cfbf-27d9-4078-99b9-e95d3f6e331a.jpeg]
 Filename 9443cfbf-27d9-4078-99b9-e95d3f6e331a.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Description B troop
 Filesize 331 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  50 time(s)

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Apologies I should have added it was colourised by Keith Taylor the author with Jeff Hewitt on the journey of 46 Commando. It was in poor condition and Keith has the software to clean up and enhance.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Units
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger