commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Jim Asquith, 145 Maiwand Battery, 29 Commando RA  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Anne Ammundsen is looking for Jim Asquith

Hi, is anyone able to help me track down Jim Asquith who I met on the troopship the Oxfordshire in September 1962? A group of us, who last met up with Jim in London in 1965, are having a reunion in London in October this year and it would be lovely to find him in time for him to join us. He was with 145 Maiwand Battery. The Battery was part of 29 Commando, Royal Artillery working in the Commando Brigade in Singapore. I think he was attached to Commando (40) over the causeway in Malaya at a place I think was called Ulu Tiram. Each Commando was supported by a RA Battery. Jim knew me as Anne Newton, but I am now Anne Ammundsen. Your help would be very much appreciated, many thanks.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger