commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
HV Pamplin POx 101925  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
pamplstuff
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi,
I've been finding out some information on my Grandad's military history. I had the pleasure of knowing him into my adulthood and like many people, now wish I had asked more.
I have sent off for and recently received a copy of his military records. This has given lots of information about his movements in Britain, but hopefully I could find out about his active service. He spoke about D-Day, but I didn't like to ask too much.
He was a Royal Marines Engineer Commando. He has the Italy Star as well as the France/Germany Star.
If anyone is willing and can help fill in the gaps it would be much appreciated.
Mark
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Mark

We have a section on the RM Engineer Commandos here which I hope you have found https://www.commandoveterans.org/RMEngineerCommando. I am always looking to add to the archive when commando service is established so it's good that you have your Grandfather's service record now. Should you wish to do so, can you scan the relevant sections of the record and either include it here in a reply (max file size 1mb) or email me it via the email button below and I will add some information in the archive about him from the record. That way the record itself will not be posted. I can also include a photo of your Grandfather if you send one. Can you include your Grandfather's dates and places of birth and death where known.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
pamplstuff
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete,
I'm happy to share all the information I have, it's just trying to grapple with technology, I am using a phone at home and PC at work with limited software. Trying to get files down to the right size.

Hubert Victor Pamplin 18th August 1917-26th March 2014. Enlisted as Victor Hubert as he was known as Vic.
He told me his best mate was Edward 'Teddy' Ambler, who is remembered on this site.
I have photos of him in dress uniform and in the Green Beret. I'll post them when I can.
I've tried to transcribe his record to an Excel spreadsheet.
One that I couldn't find any information about was order;-
PII 176/42 1st Eng. To HMS Reven for special training. 10/3/42. I'm fairly sure it is Reven, but can't find anything like it?
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Mark

Any problems just take a snap of the section and email it to me.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
pamplstuff
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Vic Pamplin
[Thumb - File0023.jpg]
 Filename File0023.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 207 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  167 time(s)

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger