commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Looking for information on James Thomas Nuttal (Tom) 48 RM WW2  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Kevin Brenninkmeijer
Forum Member

James Thomas Nuttal, Major, attached to RM 48 Commando, Devonshire Regiment, 'Z' troop, helped liberate the Southern part of The Netherlands, 1944-45. While there he was billeted in my grandfather's house called 'Sunrise' in the village of Oosterhout. He met my Mom (Mia Simons) with whom he spent time while off duty. They exchanged many letters but then lost sight of each other. I (son Kevin) have every letter Tom wrote to my Mom, right here in front of me, plus a number of pictures of them together. I could not find an obituary of Tom's death. My mom died in 2017. Is Tom Nuttal still alive and if so, can I get in touch with him or his descendants? Would Tom like to see his own letters from almost 80 years ago? Is there a chance that he, or someone else, can show me the letters my Mom wrote to Tom? Many questions... Really hope to hear from someone... Thanks! Kevin
[Thumb - Tom Nuttal (2a).jpg]
 Filename Tom Nuttal (2a).jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Tom Nuttal, June 1945 in Oosterhout, NL, with my Mom Mia Simons on the right.
 Filesize 482 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  128 time(s)

[Thumb - Tom Nuttal (1a).jpg]
 Filename Tom Nuttal (1a).jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Tom Nuttal, June 1945 in Oosterhout, NL
 Filesize 271 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  141 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/02/2023 22:51:00

[Email]
GUY
Forum Member

Kevin,

There are four possible records which may help with your research?

NUTTALL James Thomas 1918 - 1986 Hastings & Rother, Sussex

NUTTALL James Thomas 1912 - 1990 West Somerset, Somerset

NUTTALL James Thomas 1918 -1998 Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire

NUTTALL James Thomas 1915 -2002 Derby, Derbyshire

Good luck with your research

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/02/2023 17:00:06

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger