commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
The Commando Compendium by Mike Beckett and the RMHS  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
Npteggchaser
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Don?t know if it?s been put out yet or this is the right place, but here goes, this is from a chap I/We know on FB, Mike Beckett and the Royal Marine Historical Society -

'The Commando Compendium'.

A true and unique record of the men who served so gallantly and who?s legacy today survives not just in the Royal Marines but in all the units of 3 Commando Brigade & other SF's.

Order here - https://www.rmhistoricalsociety.org/book-order-form

£25 + £5 P&P

If ordering online, use the code SP 54, where it asks for the SP Number, otherwise ring them up to purchase it, on -

01730 261199 to make payment, opening hours are 9 ? 5pm Monday to Saturday.

The Royal Marines Historical Society have paid for publication and deal with distribution. They will receive all proceeds, which to me is a great cause.? (from Mike)

I?m trying to get this publication as much exposure as possible, as I think its an important work on the history of the Commando movement and maybe needs more advertising, so have posted on several social media platforms to help to promote it and the good cause the money it will go to.

Good reading everybody.

#UnitedWeConquer
🗡
[Thumb - BCDF9131-27F0-4546-AEBA-A636CB6BCCA7.jpeg]
 Filename BCDF9131-27F0-4546-AEBA-A636CB6BCCA7.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  162 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/2022 17:53:02

Grandson of Thomas Hall [No1 Cdo] from Cwmbran
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Darren.

Will order this week for my library,,had a call Friday from a friend trying to track fathering law war service, had quite a few details. Turns out he was in the RE, went No2 Commando, then 11th Special Air Service Battalion on the Tragino aqueduct raid Italy got captured then several escape attempts, before he got away.

Local to us in Newport.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Npteggchaser
Forum Member
[Avatar]

[quote=craig summerhill]Darren.

Will order this week for my library,,had a call Friday from a friend trying to track fathering law war service, had quite a few details. Turns out he was in the RE, went No2 Commando, then 11th Special Air Service Battalion on the Tragino aqueduct raid Italy got captured then several escape attempts, before he got away.

Local to us in Newport. [/quote]

That?s great stuff chap, who?d have thought that in our town. Amazing stuff, he needs to contact Damien Lewis, the author, plus James Holland and Al Murray off We Have Ways podcast, would be very interested I reckon. Believe I?ve heard of a story like that on various presentations etc., but never really took it in. Would be good to hear his story in full, do they have any images as well?

Where in the PORT chap?

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger