commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
310 Light Regiment  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am trying to piece together my fathers movements from the very brief service records I have. I know he started off in the Beds & Herts, then the Royal Signals and for the majority of the war in 2 SS Brigade Signal Troop of which I know he fought during the Salerno assault in Italy (2 Commando & 41 RM) and France with at least 45 Commando post D-Day. He was then sent to East Africa 22nd Jan 1945 and in March posted to Field Training Company and Depot, from there he was with "310 Light Regiment" where he stayed until 1946 and then returned to civilian life.

I have tried exhaustive searches for 310 Light Regiment and East Africa but cannot find any reference to this unit? I know from what he told me he was injured out there and he learnt Swahili fluently. I am not even sure what conflict was going on in that part of the world during 1945 - 1946

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards Vic

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger