commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Information about my father in WW2  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Steve Teggert
Forum Member

I am doing some research on my father, James (Jim or Geordie) Teggert (P/KX98734) who was a stoker in the Royal Navy 1938-1947 and voluteered for Commando service during that period. The ships he served in included: HMS Ark Royal, Ithuriel and Charity (I believe he was serving in HMS Charity when with the Boarding Parties in Palestine after the war). He said very little really about his time with a Commando but did talk about the training (no location) and how demanding it was. The only other things he mentioned that I can remember are as follows: he met up with (Yugoslav) partisans and slept in caves, briefly mentioned blowing up a petrol dump (no further information) and that none of this would appear on his Royal Navy record. He also told me that when he volunteered, his superior in the RN told him his biggest challenge would be the fact that he was Royal Navy. I have been in touch with Navy Search and they have provided as much information as they have on record - far more ships/shore establishments are listed than he ever mentioned being attached to, many for only a few days - and no mention of Commando service. Most of his wartime service was spent in the Mediterranean. If anyone can provide any information/thoughts, it would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks, Steve.

Thank you,
Steve
craig summerhill
Forum Member
[Avatar]

There is a website for Royal Navy Commandos and the Combined Operations website. Both excellent sites and very informative.

http://www.relaysystem.co.uk/id3.html

Link to navy commando site.

Keep posting any info some very knowledgeable guys on here.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Steve Teggert
Forum Member

Many thanks for such a prompt response - I'll go on there.

Steve

Thank you,
Steve

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger