commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Family information please  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Bilcliffe
Forum Member

We are searching for more information on Sergeant Lawrence Bilcliffe who was part of No 5 Commando unit and served in Burma amongst other places. Unsurprisingly he was reluctant to share details of his service with his family and so we have very little information about his time as a Commando. We are fascinated to know more about this period of his life but don?t really know where to start looking. If anyone has any information about where he went, what his service involved etc, we would be very grateful.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi
The only information we have is that he was a member of the Commando Association who recorded his passing in their newsletter 93 issued Sept. 1991. They list him as coming from Newcastle on Tyne and his last rank in the Commandos as Private. If you have any document showing Sergeant rank or even a photo of him with stripes please attach it here and I will amend that.

Aside from the usual advice of applying for service records as found here https://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords you may wish to read the Jungle Book documents on the website particularly No.9 https://www.commandoveterans.org/3rdJungleBookIssue9 which gives a bit of a history.

Finally we do not have a photo of him so if you have one you would like included please add it here as an attachment. Any difficulties posting it contact me by email on the link below. Could you include your name and relationship so that I can credit any photo you attach.

We have his dates of birth and death as b. 1st April 1922; d. 29th April 1991. Is this correct ?

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger