commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Service record for Lance Sergeant Arthur Bulford  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
David Bulford
Forum Member

Looking for any information, service record for my father, Lance Sergeant Arthur Frederick Bulford, 3 Special Operations, Commando Brigade. I think from around 1942- 1947. Thanks.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi David
The only information we have is what you may have already found in this archive here, ie. he was a member of the 3 Special Service Brigade which in the latter part of 1944 was renamed 3 Commando Brigade. They operated in the Far East.
https://www.commandoveterans.org/ArthurBulford_CommandoBrigades

You can apply for a copy of his Service Record here but I should advise that you could be waiting for a very long time to receive it due to the backlog of applications since Covid.
https://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords

Do you know anything of his service such as which Regiment or Corps he initially served in or his service number? If you have a good photo of your father you would like included you can either post it as an attachment in a reply here, or email me via the email link just below this message. Also if you provide his dates and places of birth and death I can add those.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/04/2022 23:35:56

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger