commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Capt Jack Evans, 62 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Andy Saunders
Forum Member

Does anyone know what became of Captain Jack Evans..ive just read his account of his service with the British Intel.(french section) and 62 Commando (SAS) The book was first published in '57 and details his story as told to Ernest Dudley. At age 19 he was a Captain in the field...remarkable bloke. Anyone any idea??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 31/10/2010 01:16:34

Emma
Forum Member

Hello Andy

Just saw your message posted a long time ago. Captain Jack Evans was my grandfather. He married my welsh grandma after the 2nd WW and had 2 children, one of whom was my mum. He left them when they were quite young and then remarried a lady in Paris. Went in to have a further 5 children. I never met him as we lived abroad and my mum lost contact with her father.

He died at the age of 60 in a mental health sanctuary near Toulouse. I understand he worked for Charles de Gaulle after the war.

I have read the book and it is really amazing. Such a brave man. My brother looks very much like Jack and has named his own son after him.

I have now registered on this forum and others may have further information. My mum and I see her French half brothers and sisters as often as we can.

Regards

Emma
Somerset, England
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Emma and Andy,

What is the name of the book would love to read it!

Cheers,

JB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/11/2018 14:49:26

Andy Saunders
Forum Member

Thats strange - I was looking at the spine of his book yesterday morning.

Hi Emma and JB - yes it was a good long while ago - id been away in NZ for just a few months at the time, now im coming up to my 10th Anniversary!

I dont get much time to read much these days, am an Inspector with the RNZSPCA and my daughter who is twelve soon and a real surprise 2 yr old son who bowled up from somewhere out of left field......ill get the book down and have a re read though.

How amazing you saw this post emma after all this time. You must be very proud to have Jack as your Grandfather.

I dont know if im allowed to send you my email but here goes, would be great to hear more if you would like

[email protected]

Andy
Andy Saunders
Forum Member

JB - the book is called " Confessions of a Special Agent" as told to Ernest Dudley pub. 1957.

Its a great read
Andy

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger