commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Families of 2 SBS WWII - specifically Operation Reservist, Oran, 1942  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Vectis
Forum Member

I hope not to repeat myself, but we are organizing the 80th Anniversary Memorial for 2 SBS as part of the Oran Landing.
Of the 11 men, my father Lt. JCC Pagnam is covered. Also commander Capt. "Harry" Holden-White. I am in communication with his daughter Harriet.
It is very important to me that I can contact descendants of the remaining 9.
I then wish to invite them to the Memorial which will be in Oran, Algeria.

Of the 11, the only casualty was sadly, Sgt. Embelin. The rest survived.

If you have any information it would mean a lot to me to find out. Or indeed, if you know of other such forums / resources as to where I might look.
The remaining 9 2 SBS are below:

Lt. E J A Lunn
Sgt. J Embelin
Sgt. A Milne
Cpl D C Ellis
Cpl Sidlow
Cpl Wright
Cpl Blewett
Cpl Loadsby
Cpl. L Bates

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi
The original Commando Association that might have had some contacts stood down in 2005. A new Association did start which in 2019 changed its name to that of the original. You could try them to see if any family of these men have joined.
Their National Secretary is Peter Oxley [email protected]

We have in this archive a page for your Father with a poor quality photo. If you have a better one I would be delighted to include it. Here is what we have and my email is below should you wish to send it that way. I can also add dates of birth and death (if applicable) if you choose to share that information.

https://www.commandoveterans.org/JoePagnam_2SBS

I hope you find the relatives of those you are seeking.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Vectis
Forum Member

Pete, so good to hear from a kindred spirit. I am familiar with the page for my father, and I can send you a much better picture. I do not see your e-mail. Mine is [email protected]. Let me know.
I will contact Peter Oxley regarding relatives. I am making progress, but of course all 2 SBS are dead. I will also send you DOB and death for my father.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I have emailed you.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger