commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
29 Commando Regiment, Royal Artillery - unofficial badge?  XML
Forum Index » Commando Insignia
MBrockway
Forum Member

Spotted this item in the upcoming Dix Noonan & Webb auction catalogue
An unattributed Hong Kong circular silver brooch, 59mm, silver, the reverse with Hong Kong marker's mark and silver mark 'W.H. 90', the badge of skeletal form comprising an outer garter with crowned cypher to centre, with reverse fixing pin, good condition

It looks to me like the cypher of 29 Cdo Regt, RA mounted in the garter often used for clan crests, many of which were likely made in Hong Kong back in 1990. Possibly an unofficial custom one-off produced internally within the unit as a sweetheart badge or similar?

Anyone seen one of these before?

Link to full lot details: https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=617&lot_uid=416204

Cheers,
Mark

PS I have no link whatsoever with this item!
[Thumb - 29 Cdo Regt, Royal Artillery insignia.jpg]
 Filename 29 Cdo Regt, Royal Artillery insignia.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description DNW Auction 23 Feb 2022, Lot 730. Image © Dix Noonan Webb
 Filesize 41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  391 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/02/2022 12:57:00

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.

Forum Index » Commando Insignia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger