commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No 1 Commandos - Lt. Jack Marshall's Troop  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Dan Thobe
Forum Member

Looking for ANY info regarding No 1 Commandos during invasion of North Africa. Father-in-law (Maurice Brown) was with US Army 34th Signal Company and somehow was assigned with No 1 Commandos. Just beginning search (he passed away) on his military experiences and would appreciate any info for a brethren across the ocean!
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Dan

My father was with No1 Commando throughout its entire existance and took part in Operation Torch for which he received a certificate. As you may or not be aware there were quite a few American Volunteers with No1 Commando, the relative of one of these volunteers(also from the US) Jackie Schulze, is a regular visitor to this site and I have made her aware of your message. Jackie's uncle, William McGuinnis was also I think from the US 34th Inf Div, No6 Commando took part in Operation Torch and they also had American Volunteers with them. Jackie is in contact with one of the American No6 Commando veterans G. McCurdy (Mac). Although I do not have any specific info regarding the American volunteers with No1, the following link to the Combined Operations Memorial site provides an interesting overviewe of that units activities during Operation Torch.
www.combinedops.com/No%201%20Commando.htm

Good luck with the research

Andy
[Thumb - XC12-Hugh Maines-Operation Torch Certificate..jpg]
 Filename XC12-Hugh Maines-Operation Torch Certificate..jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 1319 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  788 time(s)

This message was edited 16 times. Last update was at 17/03/2009 14:00:05

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger