commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
An image of an X-Troop, No. 3 Commando 1943 soldier to add to the gallery  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Dave Carson
Forum Member

I provide an image of my father to add to the gallery

Andrew came from Berlin in 1935 aged 15 as a Jewish refugee. In 1940, he was interned, shipped to Australia on the Dunera as an enemy alien, returning in 1941. He first joined the Pioneer Corps then X-Troop and trained through 1943 and early 1944. On March 3rd / 4th, in preparation for a raid on a V1 site, he was abseiling down Seven Sisters near Eastbourne when the rope got stuck. He cut himself free, fell 70 feet or so and was badly injured. As a result he took no part in further X-Troop activity.
[Thumb - Andrew 1943 001.jpg]
 Filename Andrew 1943 001.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Andrew Carson X-Troop No 3 Commando 1943 - 44
 Filesize 207 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  229 time(s)

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Dave

I have now posted your photo into our No.10 Commando 3 Troop gallery and here is a direct link to the photo:

https://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/10IA/x+troop/Andrew+1943+001.jpg.html

Can you check the additional details I have added and let me know if there is anything that is incorrect, or anything you wish to add. You can respond either here or on the email address you contacted me on last night.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger