commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Contacting World War 2 Veterans  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
[email protected]
Forum Member

Hi,

I hope you no one minds me mailing this forum directly. I wanted to ask if it would be possible for those who are reading this to kindly help me with a research project I have been carrying out for the last 15 years called,The Last of the Few. The research involves contacting those who have served in WW2 to highlight their story, courage and sacrifice, to ensure their words are never forgotten and their sacrifice remembered.

The research project I have carried out on these veterans has allowed me to connect with these brave men to highlight their story; by asking if they would kindly sign and inscribe a book with any words of wisdom/a thought they would like to share with future generations based on their experience. It has provided me the opportunity and honour to highlight their inscription and on some occasions to share time with them and learn about their service and lives. The aim of my research is to share these books and stories with a wider audience, as it is important the next generation are aware of the past and the sacrifices made by the few for the many. The research is to be displayed through a virtual tour and display at the university I work at in Manchester, and eventually to be made available as a learning resource. By providing this opportunity to share, can education take place and hopefully learn from the past.Connecting with the veterans is truly inspirational and my research is now also a passion to highlight their words.

It is important those who were involved and integral in these moments in history are never forgotten. I have been fortunate to contact several WW2 veterans including George Norfleet, a Tuskegee airmen, Victor Gregg, who served during the Battles of Alamein and Arnhem to the Bombing of Dresden, Norman Prior, Dunkirk veteran, Helen Andrews, Bletchley Park veteran, and Jake Carlson, who stormed Omaha beach on D day and fought in the Battle of the Bulge. To receive these books and read their inscriptions is humbling and an honour for me.

I wanted to request with your help if it would be possible to contact any veterans who would kindly sign and inscribe with any words a book based on their military service. It is important those who were involved and integral in these moments in history are never forgotten.

Thank you for reading this email and my very best wishes. Any help that can be provided with my research, and now also a passion would be gratefully accepted. Please contact me on the email address below.

Best wishes

Dee ([email protected])
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Dee, the Commando Association can be contacted direct here:

https://www.commandoveterans.org/contact_the_association

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger