commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No 29 commando in the remembrance section  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Stu Hart
Forum Member
[Avatar]

[b]Hello,i'm new to the forum, and i'm quite shocked to see no 29 section on the remembrance page?? 29 commando have been involved in every major conflict since the falklands, and more recently have lost coming up for 10 men KIA in Afghanistan, i think it only right that this page is ammended out of respect for the men.

Many thanks Stu Hart ( ex 7 bty/148 bty)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/05/2009 14:06:49

" Pain is just weakness leaving the body fellas"
" It pays to be a winner "
" i'll make you do press ups till your eyes bleed "
" we are the thinking mans soldier "
"Get the wets on "
" Hoofin "
" thredders "
I could go on and on ;-)
Harry Jackson
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Stu,

I will second your post - 29 Commando, in fact have been involved in almost all conflicts since the Borneo affair in the early 1960s. All Commando soldiers KIA from the regiment should be remembered. Further information about this can be found on the Commando Gunner Re-group site.

Harryj

Commandos never die, they go elsewhere and 're-group'!
Stu Hart
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Agreed, After spending a bit of time on the forum now, it seems to be geared around the second world war, which is good as there is masses of info out there, i think with some input from myself and other younger ex members of the commandos we can get some more recent history on here, the site is superb, a real fountain of knowledge which can grow from strength to strength.

" Pain is just weakness leaving the body fellas"
" It pays to be a winner "
" i'll make you do press ups till your eyes bleed "
" we are the thinking mans soldier "
"Get the wets on "
" Hoofin "
" thredders "
I could go on and on ;-)
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Stu Just read the excellent 3 Commando Brigade by Ewen Southby - Tailyour. These brave lads from 29 Commando are mentioned in the book They should and will be remembered God bless them

SE Donnison
[MSN]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hello Stuart

You are correct..........all modern day Commando units have a place here...........this is what we are hoping for ............the flame to be carried into the future.

You need to email or PM Geoff Murray our National secretary with names for the ROH for 29 Cdo and I'm sure he will upload it directly.

Kind regards and thanks
John m

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Hi Stuart and a very warm welcome to the site. I shall pm you soon, however will add an abridged reply here for forum members.

I have been working quite hard over the years to get 29 Cdo on board with the CVA and it is getting there slowly. Many members of the Commando Gunner Regroup are now members as well as a handful of serving members, also 148 Bty. Al Carruthers has been instrumental in this, however he is a busy man since retiring from the Regiment to civvie street. I think the tempo of recent Ops is the main reason that the younger generation are not embracing the CVA as we would wish, however I am sure they will in time, especially with the help of people like you.

To be honest the only reason that I have not added a remembrance page for the recent Commando losses in Iraq and Afghanistan is because of the lack of time. I am still serving and away on Ops again in 2 weeks. I have a list a mile long of things that I really would love to add to the site, however it is a slow process. The fact that most of our founder Commando Veterans are not on the internet means that my main focus has to be the newsletters.

However, it is when people like yourself give me a nudge about certain things that I can then slip them to the top of the list, so thanks and a page will be added soon.

It will be very much welcomed Stuart if someone like yourself could assist in building a page on this site specifically for the history of post WW2 Commando Gunners. If you would like to set a template that we can add to over the months then please feel free to do so.

Kind regards

Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Until I get a template from the 29 Cdo members here is a link to the Commando Gunner Regroup Obituaries page.

http://www.nemo.plymouthfans.co.uk/

Go to The Last Roll Call on left of page.

Regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/05/2009 14:06:26

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger