commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Do i need a sponsor to join the CVA?  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Mark Richards
Forum Member

I wish to join the CVA as an associate (as my grandfather was an army commando), it appears that I need a sponsor, is this correct? and if so will a full member sponsor me?
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I am not 100% sure but I believe you need a full member to sponsor you. I see your grandfathers details from a previous entry from Bill Harvey so I know he was in No.4 Commando .

"In the July 1990 list compiled of those in No4 who served at Dieppe your grandfather is listed as serving. 4469318 Pte. Richards T. Durham L. I "

I have no doubt Geoff Murray or someone else from the CVA will contact you. If associate members are allowed to sponsor people to join by all means use my name

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/03/2009 15:46:42

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Mark

When I joined I just simply filled in an application form and left the sponsorship part blank, this was then sent to Geoff Murray with the membership fee and I assume that some one at the Official end "did the honours" and completed the required sponsorship details. After a short time I got a nice letter of welcome from Geoff, it was as simple as that.

Hope this helps

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger