commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
RNBC S Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
M Skillen
Forum Member

Hello,
I have been researching a family member and his recently received service history.
His name was Robert Arthur Roney (known also as Bobby to his family and possibly as Mickey to his mates).
From his service history his postings include HMS Northney, Quebec, Armadillo and COPRA from 1942-1946. He was a Petty Officer.
From 1943 to 1945 it states ?RNBC S2? which I understand to be the Royal Naval Beach Commandos.
I have done some research and I believe RNBC S Commando were part of D Day 2 (7th June 1944) and the assault on Juno Beach with Canadian forces.
If anyone can share any information on RNBC S Commando I would greatly appreciate it.

Additionally we believe Bobby served also in the British Army. I?ve applied for his service record but the army is very slow in sending out records ( I am waiting on another record for nearly 12months).

Thanks,
Martin.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Martin

If you have a photo of your relative that you would like included in our gallery please attach it to any reply here with a copy of the section on his records with his postings and his service number please. You can find our gallery for the RN Beach Commandos here: http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/rn+cdos/

Any problems posting photos just contact me direct by the email link below or on here. Additionally you may want to check out this site dedicated to the RNBC here.

http://www.relaysystem.co.uk/id3.html

There is a great deal of information and reports within that site tucked away in different sections and on links within sections so worth spending a lot of time looking through it

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger