commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Commando Museum? Please help  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Niall Haigh
Forum Member

Dear All

I happen to own an important item of memorabilia for the Commandos, and in due course it should be lodged with an appropriate public collection that does the Commandos justice.

Please could you let me know what institution you think would be appropriate.

many thanks,

niall
[Email]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Hi Niall, I am in contact with the Commando Museum at the Spean Bridge Hotel and am due to loan the museum a few pieces of my own. This is definitely the most suitable place. Your item can be given as a perpetual loan, with your conditions of loan annotated on the agreement. As an Association we are hopefully going to be having a lot more interaction with the museum over the coming years and I have heard a small whisper that one of the owners is keen on expanding the museum. Give me a call in a week or two and I will give you the contact details of the lady I deal with. I'm curious as to what the item may be.
Kind regards Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Come on Niall why the big secret, tell us what you have.
Regards Ron
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Welcome Niall,
Yes I'm intrigued as well and would love to know what it is... Surely you can tell us? and maybe a photo?

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Niall Haigh
Forum Member

Sorry it has taken 5 years to reply to your threads.

I am the lucky owner of Jack Churchill's magnificent set of Robertson pipes that he (alledgedly) played on the beach at Vaagso in '41 - and at other times to the general discomfort of his comrades.

Best wishes,

Niall Haigh
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Niall,

Hi thanks for returning to the CVA.

Since your last visit there have been significant developments - not least the recent opening of the Commando Exhibition in the West Highland Museum (in the centre of Fort William).

Geoff Murray, the CVA National Secretary, has been been hugely instrumental in getting this exhibition started and I'm sure that he would now agree that the West Highland Museum is now the most appropriate museum to safeguard and display important items of Commando memorabilia...

important item of memorabilia for the Commando

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger