commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Hugh ALLEN 44 commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Paul Allen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

My uncle Hugh ALLEN

Born Doddington Cambridgeshire

Served 1940-49

44 commando... any help with info would be fantastic.

Thanks
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Paul
Welcome to our Forum. I would like to add details about your uncle into our archive. However where we have no detail in our nominal rolls which we know are not complete we do ask family to provide evidence of service in a commando. This is necessary to maintain the historical integrity of the archive. Do you or any member of your extended family have any document or letter that mentions this, or any photo where commando insignia is visible or evident.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Paul

Thank you for sending me the photos which I have added here for the benefit of others. The group photo you will note that they are not wearing berets which suggests this was before his time in 44RM Commando. 44RM Commando was formed in August 1943 from Marines of the 3rd Battalion, Royal Marines, which was then disbanded. Not all went onto become Commandos but I imagine those that did kept in contact with those of their 3rd Battalion RM mates that didn't and would have seen it simply as the continuation of their RM Service but now as Commandos in a new Commando unit. I highly recommend a book called 44RM Commando (Achnacarry to the Arakan) author Tony Mackenzie.
[Thumb - Cpl Hugh Allen.jpeg]
 Filename Cpl Hugh Allen.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Description Photo courtesy of his nephew Paul
 Filesize 100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  178 time(s)

[Thumb - RM Group.jpeg]
 Filename RM Group.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Filesize 282 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  185 time(s)

[Thumb - Hugh Allen RM.jpeg]
 Filename Hugh Allen RM.jpeg [Disk] Download
 Filesize 51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  174 time(s)

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger