commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Liverpool Scottish Queens Own Cameron Highlanders involvement with the Special Forces  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

A book which has been put together by Dennis Reeves over many years of speaking to Commandos who joined from the Liverpool Scottish, Queens Own Cameron Highlanders. Dennis is the curator of the Liverpool Scottish Museum Trust. The book contains so many names from No. 2 Commando that I recognise especially 5 troop and these individual Commandos thoughts on the various raids they were part of. The entire book is a compilation of quotes from them. The book can be purchased by contacting Dennis on 0151 645 5717.
The book is not widely distributed and there are only 40 copies left.
All monies for the book go to the upkeep of the museum.

Special Service of a Hazardous Nature

The Story of the Involvement of the Liverpool Scottish, Queen?s Own Cameron Highlanders (TA), in Special Forces Operations in World War Two, 1939 ? 1945
Compiled by Dennis Reeves
£9.99 plus £2.50 p&p: Total by post (UK) £12.49

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 26/02/2009 15:35:45

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

With the writer Dennis Reeves permission I have posted some photos of some of the Liverpool Scottish who joined the Commandos and in particular 5 troop No.2 (I have created an album for 5 troop due to the number of pics of individuals). Dennis says he will send me some of the original photos for me to use for which I am very grateful to him and the Liverpool Scottish Regimental Museum. He says there are now about 30 copies of the book left (Janet yours will be on way to Canada tomorrow). The book covers those who went initially to the Independent Companies and then onto either the Commandos or other Special Service units such as the SAS. Quite a few of the individuals whom I have posted were involved at St Nazaire , the anniversary of the raid being next month on the night of the 27th/28th March. Many of these individuals are also in the group photo of 5 troop taken in Dumfries in 1941 posted in the album including some of those killed in the action. I have now managed with Dennis Reeves help to put names to faces in that photo. It is my intention to post one or two more items regarding St Nazaire nearer the time and I have sent Geoff a transcript of a letter from L/Sgt Bill Gibson of 6 troop before he died at St Nazaire which again will be placed in a befitting place on the CVA site nearer the time.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 27/02/2009 09:05:07

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger